Achievements Program - Getting Back to Basics
Are you a Health Promoter who would like to learn the basic principles of the Achievement Program and gain confidence to better support education and workplace settings?
If so, this workshop is for you!
The Achievement Program is hosting a professional development workshop to assist health promoters in Victoria. The workshop is aimed at an introductory level for those who have:
- Registered as health promoters with the Achievement Program in the last 12 months OR;
- Plan to work with the Achievement Program in the next 6 months OR;
- Have just started to support settings in the Achievement Program OR;
- Need a refresher course on program basics.
The Back to Basics workshop will include:
- an overview of the Achievement Program (frameworks and benchmarks)
- an introduction to the Achievement Program cycle and a walk through of the ‘health professionals’, ‘education’ and ‘workplace’ portals
- exploration of the role of health promoters in implementing the Achievement Program in education settings and workplaces
- advice on how to successfully complete progress reports and recognition applications
- a panel discussion and Q&A with experienced health promoters and settings to share practical strategies, tips and how to engage and collaborate with settings and utilise networks.
A morning tea will be served and will provide the opportunity to network and learn from others participating in the Achievement Program.
Attendance is limited to two representatives per organisation due to venue capacity.
There will be professional development opportunities later in the year for health promoters who are already experienced with the Achievement Program.
There will also be future professional development and communications for all about framework updates, website changes and modifications as a part of the Achievement Program refresh.
Can't make this one?
We understand that some people will be unable attend this workshop. The workshop presentations and panel discussions will be filmed and shared with health promoters following the event. PowerPoint presentations and other workshop materials will also be shared.
- Location: Cancer Council Victoria, 615 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne
- RSVP: Please RSVP by Monday 19th February 2018 by registering through the following link. https://register.eventarc.com/40123/achievement-program-back-to-basics-workshop