Free online training: Introduction to Cultural Competence
The Centre for Culture, Ethnicity & Health are offering a free online course: Introduction to Cultural Competence
This interactive training will help you to be culturally responsive to your diverse clients. This training is pitched at an introductory level for people who are already working in culturally responsive settings.
CEH training develops cultural competence by sharing the best available knowledge. The training challenges and changes attitudes and increases people’s capacity for action.
CEH can assist you to:
- be aware of your cultural values and how they impact your work
- build your awareness and acceptance of cultural differences
- recognise that people from different cultures have different ways of communicating, behaving, interpreting and problem solving
- recognise that cultural beliefs impact on client’s beliefs, help-seeking activities and practices,
- improve interactions with care professionals and health and wellbeing outcomes.