Intensive Introduction for Nurses & Allied Health Professionals
This two day Intensive Introduction includes common physical and emotional health issues which are a result of refugee experiences. This workshop also includes information on refugee health and settlement services and other important resources.
- Understanding Australia’s humanitarian program and recent refugee and asylum seeker arrival patterns, within a broader policy context
- Exploring issues in working cross culturally
- Exploring the Foundation House framework regarding the impact of torture and trauma and the basis for interventions
- Overview of relevant services for refugees and asylum seekers and referral processes
- Approaches to refugee health assessments
- Appropriate interventions for common refugee and asylum seeker health issues
SUITABLE FOR: Nurses & Allied Health Professionals working with refugee background populations in a variety of settings.
For more information or to register click here
Contact: 03 9389 8965 or firstname.lastname@example.org