Nutrition for community carers
This interactive workshop is designed for care staff including nurses and care assistants working with older adults living at home.
Older adults are at increased risk of malnutrition; this is due to changing nutrition needs as a result of illness, loss of appetite, reduced independence and/or ability to cook or shop, or social isolation. This workshop will provide an overview of common nutrition issues and concern indicators in older adults and management and support techniques.
- Understand nutrition and healthy ageing
- Explain the role of carers in client nutrition
- Identify malnutrition and its impact
- Implement simple steps to help clients eat and drink well through
- Food shopping
- Cooking tips & ideas
- Eating patterns & snacking
- What to do if you client needs help
Deakin Cats Community Centre, Simmonds Stadium (Enter through Doug Wade Gate behind Kardinia Pool),
Kardinia Park, Victoria 3220
Cost - $172.59 – $255.79
For more information and to book your tickets click here