School’s In for Refugees - Foundation House
This comprehensive introduction is recommended as the first professional development from Foundation House for those working with refugee background students and families.
It is appropriate for those working in and with schools and other educational settings, at primary, secondary and post-compulsory levels.
- The refugee experience for young people including their prior education experiences
- The impact of trauma on young people’s learning and wellbeing
- The role of teachers and schools in supporting recovery from trauma
- Strategies that support the recovery process that teachers and other staff can use in the classroom
- A whole school approach and key areas where schools can increase support for refugee background students and families
For more information click here