BeUpstanding - a FREE health program for teams working from home or in the workplace
One of the biggest factors impacting your health when working from home is prolonged sitting.
Even if you exercise regularly, if you spend the majority of the rest of your day sitting, you may be at risk.
What you can do?
The key is not to stand or sit all the time, but to break up your sitting at least every 30 minutes. The good news is there are simple strategies you can start today while working from home.
- Stand up and stretch after you send an email or while on a phone call
- Set a recurring alarm on your phone or a meeting reminder on your online calendar to remind you to stand every 30 minutes
- Use a small water glass at your desk and refill it by walking to the kitchen regularly
- If working from a laptop, switch between working at a desk/table and a kitchen bench a few times a day
- Move your bin away from your work area so you have to stand up to throw something out
- If you're running a meeting, schedule a stand up break into your agenda
For more information visit https://beupstanding.com.au/