Finding ways to keep connecting - Lifeline Crisis SMS Support
Every 30 seconds, a person in Australia reaches out to Lifeline for help.
Lifeline are a national charity providing all Australians experiencing emotional distress with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
We exist so that no person in Australia has to face their darkest moments alone.
About the service
- Short-term support for people who are feeling overwhelmed or having difficulty coping
- Real-time using ‘SMS’ technology
- Confidential one-to-one with a trained Lifeline Crisis Supporter
Accessing the service
- Step 1: Text 0477 13 11 14
- Step 2: Complete the pre-survey questions
- Step 4: You will be connected with a Crisis Supporter as soon as one is available
What we do
- Listen without judgment
- Provide a safe space to discuss your needs, worries or concerns
- Work with you to explore options for support
More information visit https://www.lifeline.org.au/