Prevention of Violence Against Women Health Alliance
Strategic Priority: Gender Equity
Barwon Health, Colac Area Health, Bellarine Community Health, Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West and the G21 Health and Wellbeing Pillar.
- Prevention of Violence Against Women Health Alliance Collective Action Plan (2017-18)
- Preventing and Addressing Violence Against Women and Children Strategic Plan (2016 – 2020)
Prevention of Violence against Women (PVAW) has been determined as a shared priority in the G21 region because, as stated in the Victorian State Government’s “Free From Violence” strategy:
“In Australia, violence in intimate relationships contributes more to the disease burden for women aged 18 to 44 years than any other risk factor like smoking, alcohol use or being overweight or obese.”
The Health Alliance Action plan brings together key health services in the G21 region with a primary prevention focus on violence against women. The action plan aligns with a number of state and regional plans including:
- Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Plan’s (2015-19)
- Free From Violence: Victoria’s strategy to prevent family violence and all forms of violence against women
- Safe and Strong: A Victorian gender equality strategy.
- Preventing and Addressing Violence against Women and Children Strategic Plan (2016–2020)
- Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West’s (WHWBSW) Integrated Health Promotion Plan
- All five Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plans in the G21 region.
G21 Health and Wellbeing Director’s Update (December 2018) - click here
For further details about this initiative, please contact the G21 Health and Wellbeing team. Contact us.